Thursday, January 18, 2007

Snow day(s)!!!

It snowed 4 inches Tuesday morning, surprising nearly everyone, though MOST schools were able to sensibly make the decision to close. Not Beaverton School District. They thought they'd stay open until kids got on buses that got stuck in ditches, and teachers slid their cars into other teacher's cars. I walked Mali up to the school to find out what was going on, and of course discovered chaos. Most of the teachers weren't there, NONE of the buses made it there, and the kids who were there were being herded into the music room to watch videos. Mali and I left and walked over to Alana's for some coffee, and I called Andrew to tell him not to get on the bus if actually made it to his stop. He found it there, stuck on the hill.
We had a great day of sledding and fun. All the usual suspects ended up at Alana's house for food and Scrabble while the kids spent more time going up and down the hill. I worked yesterday while the kids enjoyed more sledding. Today it looks like they'll be going in two hours late.
I have lots of great pictures stuck on my (old) camera. Here's a photo Nancy took of Zoë and Mali.
Snow Day!

No comments: