Saturday, August 26, 2006

Vacation!

Okay, I've been away awhile, and my two loyal readers have missed me - Hi Irene and Melissa!
Vacation is good: Andrew and I each caught a fish at Sekiu. Mali had a good time with Grandma Sue, and Tuesday she went with Grandma to Denny and Wendy's and met up with Mary and Ashley to babysit Conner, Cooper, and Alex.
Last night we went to the Mariner game and watched them beat the Red Sox 6 - 0 in an exciting game.
Mali and I tried going up the creek in the kayaks as the tide came out and that didn't work too well. The next day we went earlier so we could put in upstream and we pretty much coasted in to Grandpa's dock. This morning Dad and I kayaked to Glen Cove, and tonight Andrew and I went all the way upstream at high tide to the fish ladder at the salmon hatchery. Here's an interesting article on kayaking around Carn Inlet and Henderson Bay, (where we are,) including a trip to Cutts Island, known as Deadman Island to the kids (and others).

No comments: