Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Stupid storm

Flooding has closed I-5, and Amtrak has no service from Portland to the Puget Sound. Not sure how we'll make it up for Amy's wedding reception Saturday, but we will. At worst: there is a 1-hour detour on Hwy 12 to get up to Maple Valley.
I have canceled my planned trip up to work tomorrow - I may still make it for Friday and December's poker game.

Andrew got a ride to early morning practice this morning. He felt strangely obligated to come wake us up to let us know he was leaving at 5:00 AM. I guess it is just too unusual for him to get up when I am not already awake. Last night I was up from 1:30 to 4:00, so didn't get to see him off, and was finally back to sleep when he came in.

The weather was nice here yesterday. Actual sunshine, and no wind and very little rain. Moose got to romp, so he was happy. Today is very foggy, and calm.

Mali Waits

No comments: