Monday, April 28, 2008

Hello.

Hi.
It's been awhile.
Life is happening here.
The biggest news:
In an amazing coincidence, Andrew is exactly the same height as me, and Mali is exactly the same height as Susy. I would show you a picture, but my photo PC is having network issues. Maybe some other time.
I took Mali to an orthopedic surgeon last week to review the x-rays of her knee. Her pain is apparently caused by growth, favoritism, and a lack of flexibility in her secondary soccer leg. The crushing news, the horrible news, the dismaying, sad, unfortunate news; uttered casually and without the necessary angst, yet with simple authority as the doctor pointed to the X-ray: "The growth plates around her knee have almost closed up, so she should be about done growing."
At the despondent look Mali and I both gave him at that, he kindly clarified and said that some growth has yet to occur from the back/spine region, and so she should have another inch or two to go before completely stopping.
She should end up taller than her mom, and that is all that really matters.
I fully expect Andrew to shoot past me any moment now. His shoulders are already higher, but apparently he does not possess the pencil neck or the elongated, egg-shaped head that would give him the height advantage, the poor kid.

No comments: