Friday, April 04, 2008

Indian Food

An Indian restaurant has just opened up where the old A&W was in our local shopping center. It's called The Curry Leaf, (Poetic, since curry is a collection of spices, not any particular plant.)
Susy and I are very excited about this, and we went there for dinner tonight and it was fantastic! The food was all good, and they had great chai, though strangely (to me) served it in a glass instead of a mug. It is different than most of the Indian restaurants around here: it has a sort of fast-food / take-out feel about it, but the tables and decor provide a comfortable urban vibe to the place. The manager was cool in his baseball hat, and as I gushed about the food and chai he very nicely brought Susy and I refills. (Okay, after I asked if they gave free refills. No, but he got them for us anyway.) I'm hoping to go back soon. It would be a nice little walking excursion for me at lunch, even if just for a glass of chai.

No comments: