Monday, April 24, 2006

First Track Meet of 2006

Saturday was sunny but windy for Andrew's track meet at nearby Sherwood High School. It was a long meet, partly because it was the first one, so they explained how to start to every athlete for every race. Here's a photo of Andrew receiving instruction. Click it to see the actual race start.



Susy met us there to watch the 400m (1:11.66). He also ran the 100m (14.xx?) We all got a little sun on our faces - everything else was covered because of the wind.
Andrew and I were gone from 9:00 to 3:00. I came home and took a nap, and Andrew embedded himself into the couch with his book. I slept until 4:00, then worked in the yard a bit with Mali. She found Pablo and Matias walking next to the house, so we talked across the fence until I invited myself over to their house for Mate'. The rest of my family followed me over. Rocio is painting, so I helped a little, drank some mate', and looked at some photos from their trip to Italy. Then they had a dinner date with some friends (which we made them late for), so we came home and finished watching The Fellowship of the Ring. Two more movies to go. The two I haven't seen yet, so that is exciting. Mali is less then thrilled by them (they're scary) but she's watching - ensconced firmly between Susy and me.

No comments: