Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Spring Break Summary

Hi Irene!
The kids had a great time in Washington with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Grandpa gave them an education in pouring cement and card playing, and the weekend saw all the cousins visiting.
Las Vegas was good to Susy and me. We saw Cirque du Soleil's Ka on Thursday night and absolutely loved it. I swear I watched half of it with my mouth wide open. More than worth the $150 ticket price. Friday we went to the buffet at the Wynn, which was delicious. Friday night we gambled: I won a very quick $115 playing craps, then Susy and I stretched out blackjack for a couple of hours, ending up $150 ahead for the evening (so one ticket to Ka.) Saturday we saw the Blue Man Group, which was fascinating and Very different. The days were filled with some serious napping.
Now we're home, and back to work. Mali went on a field trip to the Bonneville Dam today. Other than that, life has returned to normal here.

No comments: