Sunday, October 08, 2006

My Birthday!

Grandma and Grandpa came down Friday to celebrate my birthday with us. We had a great time, and they took us to dinner at our favorite Thai place. They gave me a supercool camera, a digital Canon Rebel XT SLR. It was not as impossibly difficult to figure out as I feared, at least the idiot mode worked simply enough. I practiced taking pictures of it at breakfast, then took it to Mali's soccer game for it's first real workout. It worked wonderfully - much easier to get action shots of the game.

Mali's game turned out to be a great one for the grandparents to see. They won 2-1 on a last second goal. Today's games were good, but wet. Andrew's team played well, but lost to a very good team 4-0 in a slight drizzle. Mali's game afterwards was much wetter, but they won 1-0.
Afterwards we stopped at Dairy Queen - Mali's second choice - her first was for Sushi, but the Japanese restaurant nearby was closed on Sunday's. Then Susy and Mali went shopping at Old Navy, and Andrew and I came home so he could work on his homework. I picked some apples for Pablo and co., and he rewarded me with two slices of a fantastic apple tart that he made with them.

Last night we went out to Vindalho in Portland with the usual suspects. The food was delicious and incredibly flavorful. Zoë and Hannah spent the night at our house while Andrew kept order. We were home by 11:00 - half of us had early mornings to deal with.

No comments: