Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Wednesday night

Mali's second basketball practice. They are already getting better. I drove Andrew to get a tetanis shot - he was due, and he got a slight cut Monday night cleaning one of our new knives.

Susy was home late, this time at a going-away party for someone. So I served up leftovers from Alana's house - parmeson chicken with bread and green beans for the kids. Mali made herself some mashed potatos, and I also had some meatball minestrone soup, also from Alana's. Now Susy's home, and they're all watching Survivor.

Today's internet find courtesy of BoingBoing but via SALON.COM: Zoe, the 15 year-old DJ podcaster from LA. Found at: http://www.zoeradio.com. I'm listening to her end-of-2005 show as I write this.

Another cool find, this time via BoingBoing as usual, a South American comic book about MLK and Montgomery, with a nice little sidetrip to Ghandi's India, at: http://www.ep.tc/mlk/.

Last night (Tuesday) Susy, Alana, and Nancy went to a wine and chocolate tasting in Portland. I took the kids, including Zoë and Hannah to A&W for dinner, where I ate tooooo many french fries. Amazing, since I didn't order any. We had coupons: everyone got to pick two items for $1 each. Everyone ordered a hamburger and fries except me and my two hamburgers which I ended up sharing with Andrew.

Paul stayed a bit when picking up the kids and we watched the first half of Anchorman on our NEW On-Demand-Cable. Coolstuff. The movie is marginal, though the on-demand bit is about-time-totally-cool where we can pause it and pick it up upto a day later. Don't know if I'll bother finishing - the movie just isn't that great.

No comments: