Monday, January 09, 2006

Weekend Update

Friday: Up in Bellevue for work. Made it to Kirkland for first poker game in John's new poker room. His almost 2-year-old Daniel took one look at me and said, "Funny hat!" Which is amazing since I wasn't wearing one this time, but I was when I last saw him two months ago.

Saturday: Made it home from Kirkland at 4:30. Locked out of the house, so poor Susy had to get up to let me in. Then I was up with Mali at 9:00, making us poached eggs on toast. Nice to be home. I spent the morning cleaning out my office, which is still a disaster. I'm going to paint the walls blue. With paint.
Saturday night we joined the neighborhood gang at Alana's to meet her friend Cheryl who is up from Scottsdale. Incredible chicken parmeson - no need for a knife. I wonder if there's leftovers... Went home early, as I was tired for some reason.
Paul and Hannah were late returning from skiing. Zoë got her cast off! but still isn't ready to hit the mountain (again.)

Sunday: Kyle came over at noon and he and Andrew played Age of Empires. Susy and I took Mali to Fred Meyer and returned the jeans that didn't fit and bought her a couple more pairs. Spaghetti for dinner, then Andrew and I played San Juan, the card version of Puerto Rico. Simpler and faster, and works okay with 2 players.

No comments: