Thursday, March 20, 2008

Andrew's first HS track meet! My return from Canada.

I stayed an extra day in Canada (everything works!!!), and got home too late Wednesday to see Andrew's first high school track meet. This was in Gresham, with Southridge vs. Beaverton vs. Gresham. Southridge clobbered them both. Andrew ran with the JV and won the 800m (2:08) and took second in the 1500m (4:47), losing to an upperclass Southridge Varsity runner who was demoted for the day because of a missed practice.
Andrew texted me with the news just as I was getting on the plane in Vancouver. I forwarded it to Grandpa, but I never heard back. Also Susy, who had already heard from our happy boy. He hadn't run track for over a year, and was doubting he could match the times posted for last year's JV team. Instead, he beat them! Woohoo!

No comments: