Thursday, March 13, 2008

Running in the rain, Dancing in the street

Andrew decided his ankle was better enough for track practice today, I'm sure only because they were doing 400m time trials. He hasn't run a 400m in over a year, and was very curious how he would run. His goal was to finally finish under a minute.

I went to pick him up early to see if I could watch, and I got there at the perfect time: just as the first heat of boys were starting. Andrew ran in the second heat, and got second to last place in his heat, but it looked like the other kids were all juniors and seniors. He was so happy with his time I think he forgot it was raining for awhile: 57 seconds!
Very close to 57 flat, so he's sure he can get a 56.something soon, especially since this was in the rain, which he hates, and he got stuck in lane 1 with all the puddles.

After track he decided to go to the dance with Rian, his friend girl - not girlfriend, and practically Mali's big sister. I dropped them off at Tiana's house, where they (Eric too) got all decked out in Emo attire. The Spring Fling was a come as your own theme, or something. I picked them up at 9:30 and there was a WIDE assortment of outfits wandering around the school. I'll post a photo of Andrew after I upload it off my camera.

No comments: