Friday, March 14, 2008

Crazy Day, Part One: Morning

6:30 -
Susy got up to start on Mali's cupcake cake, and couldn't find the cake mixes we thought we bought a couple days ago. So I joined her on an early morning trip to the store for cake mix and items for tonight's party as per Mali's instructions and carefully plotted list. That girl loves her lists. Mali was up when we got home and the kitchen was a hectic place to be while Susy tried (and succeeded) to bake a cake while Mali and I prepared our breakfasts (cereal, oatmeal, and chai.)
9:00 -
Mali had to be at play practice and Moose at the vet's office for some shots. Susy took them while I worked and checked on the cake, which wasn't getting done. This, along with several phone calls from work, distracted me so that I didn't think to wake Andrew up (at 9:00 as I said I would) until two minutes to ten when Susy mentioned how he could have cake pieces for breakfast and I looked at the time. Track practice started at 10:00.
10:00 - late -
Susy drives an unhappily scrambling Andrew to track practice and the Jog-a-thon.
11:00 -
Susy, home for 20 minutes working on the cake, leaves for an 11:00 doctor's appointment and trip to the bank.

All this with about a dozen phone calls for me from work. only one (Hi Jim) about my trip to BC Sunday afternoon that I'm scrambling to prepare for.

No comments: